Sunday 23 December 2012

Wood burning smell in my home 24th Dec 2012

Hello everyone,

 It is Christmas eve and there is smoke smell in my home from wood burning at 6 The Strand Penshurst 2222.

Although not as strong a smell and volume as on the 22nd December 2012 when I updated council. There is still smoke smell in my bathroom, kitchen and lounge area on an intermittent basis. I have walled off my two bedrooms so I can live in a part of the house without smoke.

This form of pollution continues to be a nuisance and I am of the opinion it breaches the DA requirement's outlined in Section D below

Development Application 240/2011 Section D – Construction and operational conditions 
(6) Health and Public Nuisance 
(13) General Amenity

 

To get a copy of the DA

 There is a search page for development applications
http://www2.kogarah.nsw.gov.au/datrackingui/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=search

click the "I agree" button to continue

If you type in the application number first

  • 240

and then type in the year
  • 2011

Thanks everyone and have a great Christmas.

Best Regards
Mark

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark

    Here is a good place to get info on woodsmoke health effects

    http://burningissues.org/forum/phpBB2/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that link. It is an excellent resource.

    ReplyDelete